Thanks again to Karen for this awesome reward program!
How to Make the Banners:
How to Use the Banners:
- Diamonds: I use 6 mm diamonds for the girls to keep track of their own attendance. I diamond equals 1 meeting attended. Since we just started the banners this week I glued each girls attendance diamonds on their banner before giving it to the girls as if they had attended every meeting from up to that day according to their birthdays and what year they are in. We have 2 activity days each month and go through the summer so the crown was designed for 24 gems around the heart. The next three rows of diamonds allow for 24 each. So all four years are represented on the crown. From now on they have to attend to get their diamonds.
- Hearts: They get a large heart gem when they turn 8 and get their banner for starting activity days. The large heart gem goes top center of the heart of the crown on the banner. The red heart gems represents “Serving Other”. The blue gems represents “Learning and Living The Gospel”.
- Flowers: The flower gem represents “Developing Talents”.
- Pearls: The pearls represent the 13 Articles of Faith.
- Purple Gem: The large royal purple gem in the center is given for completing the “Preparing for Young Women”.
How to Introduce the Banners – “The Path to God through Faith in God Program”
- Sister Coleman started lesson out with the story of Alice in Wonderland. She immediately caught the girls attention by asking them if they remembered the name of the Cheshire Cat.
- In the story of Alice in Wonderland, Alice does not know which way to go, so she asks the Cheshire Cat, “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here? The cat replies, “That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.” Alice says, “I don’t much care where.” “Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,” says the cat.
- However, we know that the path that leads to the “tree, whose fruit [is] desirable to make one happy” —“the way, which leadeth unto life”—is narrow. It takes effort to journey along the path, and “few there be that find it.” (If You Will Be Responsible, by Elder Jorge F. Zaballos, of the Seventy, April 2015 General Conference)
- She further explained more about how the Faith in God program will help the girls remain on the right path. She took a quote out of the Faith in God booklet and made up little placards which the girls loved. After that we presented the girls with their achievement banners.