Categories: Developing Talents, Serving Others
Duration: 1 session
Supplies: Cars and enough leaders to carpool/drive short distances
- Find 3-4 families in the ward that live a short distance from each other (less than five minutes’ drive between each)
- Ask these families in advance if you can include them in your “swift service” activity. If yes, tell them to come up with some quick things that your girls can do to help around the house. (If you have a big group you may need them to come up with several things to do all at the same time.) These things need to take about ten minutes – some ideas are vacuuming, dusting, wiping windows, sweeping, cleaning up toys, wiping down counters or sinks, reading bedtime stories or singing to children, disinfecting door knobs, putting away groceries, etc. Ask them if you need to bring any cleaning supplies or cloths with you. Tell them the time frame you will be arriving.
- If you will be meeting at the first house rather than the church building, make sure to let the parents know! Also let them know if they will need to pick up their kids at a different place too.
1. At each house, learn the family’s name and perform the service.
2. At the last house (or back at the church building), share this quote by Thomas S. Monson: “Often small acts of service are all that is required to lift and bless another… If we are observant and aware, and if we act on the promptings which come to us, we can accomplish much good.” Have the girls list at least one small act of service they can do in their own home that week, and then make the goal to do it and report back at the next meeting.